Infinity’s Product Roadmap template will provide a map of features and functionalities that you’re planning to add to your product and the general time frame necessary to develop them. You'll be able to preview and organize features with maximum flexibility and customize them to line up with the product vision and keep everyone from your product team on the same page.
Use this template to:
- Lay out the product strategy,
- Help both stakeholders and your team understand your product vision,
- Define the product goal and the requirements to achieve it,
- Prioritize features by importance and effort,
- Track development status and progress.
Benefits of Using Our Product Roadmap Template
- Get a workable product roadmap in a matter of minutes,
- Organize and score initiatives and make better, more strategic decisions,
- Present your roadmaps in a high-level view, in an uncluttered way,
- Easily assign access and set different user permissions and provide the most up-to-date version of your roadmap to everyone involved,
- Facilitate team and stakeholder collaboration.
How to Use This Template
- Load the “Product Roadmap” template from our Templates gallery or directly from your workspace,
- Plan your product’s features, then divide and group them by stages (idea, to design, to develop, etc.) or categories (accessibility, usability, engagement, etc.),
- Clearly describe every feature, add user stories, define release phase, and track progress on each feature,
- Move features across the board as they get developed and implemented, all until the product is final.
This Product Roadmap Template Best Works With:
How do I create a product roadmap?
You can use a whiteboard, PowerPoint slides, Excel, or a tool or a roadmap template specifically built to help you communicate deliverables, visualize your product strategy, and set clear expectations of where the product you are building is going. This way, you’ll create alignment and bring your team and stakeholders on the same page and build confidence and trust.
What should a product roadmap include?
A product roadmap should include a strong product vision, your goals and planned initiatives that will help the team understand the road you are taking. Secondly, you’ll need to outline your end-user's needs, determine and prioritize features that your team will be working on, then plan releases and set the timing for each. Lastly, a product roadmap should include metrics you are going to use for tracking and measuring progress.
What is the best roadmap software?
There are several great tools out there for creating a product development roadmap. Roadmap Planner, ProductPlan, and ProdPad to name a few. Infinity, too, can be used for creating product roadmaps and comes with a dedicated Product Roadmap template.